Do you want to learn the easy steps on how to protect your home using Alexa Guard? Well, look no further, as, in this post, we will be educating you on how to go about it.
In this article, we shall be looking at what actually Alexa Guard is, the services it runs, and the various reviews it has received from members of the public who patronize their services, and so on.
We shall also be looking at the various features of the Alexa Guard. It would be necessary to do this, as most people do not fully understand the specs of the application.
Finally, we shall be looking at how you can use Alexa Guard to protect your home, which may appear tedious but extremely simple, as we shall be showing you easy tips to ensure that you achieve this without much stress.
What is Alexa Guard?
Before we look at the easy steps on how to protect your home using Alexa Guard, it is important that we look at what actually the company is all about, the kind of services it provides, and what the public has to say about it.
The software happens to be a safe, free security feature released by Amazon, which can be easily activated using within your environment or personal space, using a device that is compatible with Alexa as a smart display device like Echo Show.
Upon activating this security feature, it enables your Amazon Echo device to painstakingly pay attention for any kind of suspicious or disturbing noises that may occur when you are asleep, far from home, or in the events of you needing additional protection.
If such suspicious or disturbing noises are detected, you would be quickly notified to check it out and take up security actions to ensure the safety of your home. Some of the types of noise it listens out for include glass breaking, or your smoke detector, etc.
Upon detecting any noise, you get sent a notification to your phone about the situation, or you get effective or speedy alerts via your home security system, which is compatible with Alexa Guard like Ring or ADT.
For instance, if your Echo Show detects a suspicious noise like broken glass or smoke detectors beeping, it sends a notification to your phone alongside a live video, if your Echo Show has a camera on it. This notification comes with a 10-second video of the incident about the noise.
Aside from detecting noises, the security software can also act as voice-command assistance if configured to execute that. For instance, you can simply turn on the lights or turn it off while you are at home, or do same while you are away from your house.
You can activate the security software by simply saying “I’m leaving”, and de-activate it by saying “I’m home”. This can work only when enabled to do so by the occupant of the premises that has Alexa Guard installed.
- The security software, while being enabled on Away Mode, can actually listen for any suspicious or disturbing noises like breaking glass, smoke detector beeping, gas alarms, and so on.
- Upon picking this sound, the software sends an alert to your mobile device, through the Alexa app on your device. You can listen to the clip that comes with the alert, or Drop In by remotely listening to the noise live through your Echo Show.
- With the security software, you can easily turn on the lights in your apartment or shut it off, upon detecting any sound, to make it look like someone is home.
- The security software has affliated and works with various home security systems or softwares like ADT or Ring Alarm, to ensure extra level of security is added in the protection of the lives and properties within the personal space or environment.
How to protect your home using the security software
To successfully and effectively find out how to protect your home using Alexa Guard, kindly follow the steps which we will be listed below to ensure that you do it the right way:
- Open the Alexa app on your phone.
- Tap the menu button on the top left.
- Choose “Settings.”
- Choose “Guard.”
- Tap “Set up Guard.”
- Tap “Add” to detect smart smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors in your home.
- Tap “Add” to activate smart alerts for detecting the sound of broken glass.
- Choose “Add” again to activate smart lighting.
- Enter your zip code, so smart lighting knows when to turn on.
- Choose “Confirm.”
Thank you for going through the article on how to protect your home using Alexa Guard. We hope you found it helpful and educational.
In case of further information, kindly leave a comment for us in the Reply section and we will reach you.
Also, kindly share this educative information on your social media platforms to help your friends get the information they need too.