Removing a video from your YouTube channel is a fairly quick process if you know what steps to take. You can choose to delete videos permanently, or you can opt to hide them from public view so they can be made available at a later time. Keep reading to learn how to remove videos from YouTube.
How to Remove a Video From YouTube on a Computer
Using your Google account to log into YouTube will set you on the right path to removing a video from your YouTube channel.
1. Open a web browser and navigate to YouTube.
2. Select Sign in, located in the upper right-hand corner of the page, and enter your Google Account credentials.
3. Select your Google Account logo, located in the upper right-hand corner.
4. When the drop-down menu appears, select YouTube Studio.
5. The YouTube Studio interface should now be displayed. Select Videos, located in the left menu pane and represented by a traditional Play icon.
6. A list of your channel’s videos will now be shown. Hover your mouse cursor over the video you wish to delete and select the three vertically-aligned dots.
7. Select Delete.
Tip: Since the video cannot be recovered once deleted, select download video to save a copy to your hard drive before proceeding.
9. Select Delete Video to complete the process.
Note: In addition to the video itself, all comments and Likes/Unlikes will be removed as well. If you upload the video again at a later time, this viewer input will not be restored.
How to Delete YouTube Video From YouTube Using the Mobile App
If you’re trying to remove a video from YouTube using your Android or iOS device, the steps are a little different because you’ll be working from an app instead of a web browser.
1. Open the YouTube app and log into your Google Account, if necessary.
2. Tap Library, located in the lower right-hand corner of the screen.
3. Tap My Videos.
4. Tap the three vertical dots next to the video you wish to delete.
5. Tap Delete
Warning: Videos deleted in this method cannot be recovered at a later date, so we recommend storing a version locally before doing so.
6. A message will appear, asking you if you want to delete your uploaded video. Tap OK to complete the process.
Warning: In addition to the video itself, all comments and Likes/Unlikes will be removed as well. If you upload the video again at a later time, this viewer input will not be restored.