Do you want to learn ways you can use to login to your Spotify web player account? Then look no further as in this post we shall be showing you how you can go about it.
In this article, we shall be looking at what Spotify is all about. We shall be seeing reviews, and controversies (if any) about the platform, as well as what makes it special among its ‘peers’.
Then we shall be looking at how you can create an account. This is before we now look at ways you can use to login to your Spotify web player account with ease.
What is Spotify?
Before we go ahead at look at the ways you can login to your Spotify web player account, let us look at the general, unbiased view of the platform, its reviews and so on.
The online platform is a music streaming platform that affords you the opportunity of listening to the songs released from their favourite music artistes, and other artistes generally.
Released to the public by October 2008, the streaming platform not only allows you to stream audio files but also affords you the services of other media options available on the platform.
The platform has its headquarters located in Stockholm, Sweden. Spotify AB owns the streaming platform, and it runs it through Spotify Technology S.A, a public company trading on the New York Stock Exchange since 2018.
The audio files, which include musics and podcasts, are offered by the platform but are copyright restricted and in digital format. Accordingly, the platform has over 65 million songs, uploaded by record labels and so on.
On the platform, you can have access to free primary features, as well as limited advertisement. Also, there are options for playing or listening to songs in offline mode but you have to subscribe for this feature.
The platform affords you the opportunity to listen to the songs and music from your favourite artistes. You can also search for other artistes and their songs on the platform, and also customize your own playlist and share.
The audio streaming platform is available for access and uses in various parts of Europe, South and North America respectively, Oceania, few areas in Africa and Asia. Its unavailability in some areas has raised criticisms.
It is also available for use on most new-age devices like Windows, macOS, as well as computers that use Linux, iOS devices, Android smartphones and tabs, and devices enabled by Al like Amazon Alexa.
The platform has recorded tremendous success over the years since its launching in 2008. Records show that as of late 2020, it has recorded over 310 million monthly users, with a whopping 144 million subscribers.
The platform however operates in a different way from other online music platform out there. In respect to payment uploading musics on its platforms, it pays royalties based on the amount of streams of the artist.
The royalties amount to 70% of the total revenue gotten from the streams, which would then be paid to the right holders, which is the record label, and then be distributed to the artist based on arrangements between them.
However, ace musicians in the industry like Thom Yoke and Taylor Swift have raised dust which has amounted to criticisms of the platform’s sharing formula which is dubbed “unfair”.
How to Create an account
Before we go ahead and see ways by which you can login to your Spotify web player account, let us first and foremost look at how you can create an account on the platform.
You can create an account either through the website; or you can use the app on device. To use the latter, you have to ensure that you have successfully downloaded the app on your device.
To create an account through the website, there are two ways to do this: You can either sign up using your email address, or you can sign up using your Facebook account. We shall be looking at the two steps shortly.
To Sign Up using your Email address, follow the steps below:
- Go straight to the website to sign up by clicking here
- On the homepage, click on Sign Up
- You will be asked to enter your email and your password
- You have to choose a suitable password that would be concrete enough for you to remember, and to protect you from any form of malware attack
- Enter your other details like your username (which is generated by the platform), your display name (which is different from the username), date of birth, and gender.
To Sign Up by using your Facebook account, kindly follow the steps enumerated below:
- Go to the sign up page by clicking here
- On the page, click on Sign Up with Facebook or for mobile devices, click on Continue with Facebook
- In case of you not being logged in already to your Facebook account on your device, you will be directed to provide your Facebook login details. If you are, you will be directed to the next step.
- Then, you will be asked to grant Spotify permission to access your Facebook account.
How to Login to Spotify Web Player account | www.spotify.com Sign In
There are two ways you can login to your Spotify web player account. You can do this either by login in through your Facebook account. Or, you can login through your email.
To login to your account through Facebook, follow the step enumerated below:
- Visit the website of the platform by typing www.spotify.com in your URL search box
- On the homepage of the website, click on Log In
- You will see Log In with Facebook and click on it
- This action will direct you to your Facebook account for you to login to it
- Upon successfully logging in to your account, you will be asked via a prompt to allow Spotify access your account, which you will have to approve
- After this, you will be redirected back to the Spotify account, where you can begin to enjoy unlimited access to music.
To login using your email address, follow the steps below:
- Go the website of the platform
- Click on Log In
- On the login page, enter your email address or the username you created when you registered on the platform
- Enter your correct password
- Click on Log In
Thank you for going through this post on how to login to your Spotify web player account, we hope you found it helpful and educating.
For further information or inquiries, kindly leave a comment for us in the Reply section and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Do not forget to kindly share with your friends on your social media platforms to educate them too.